The Spring General Meeting (GM) is an opportunity for Canadian medical students to get together and discuss important issues pertaining to medical education, advocacy, global health, wellness, and more. Join the conversation, get involved — we want to hear from you!
All students attending the meeting MUST register. Please direct any registration inquiries to [email protected]
The CFMS SGM registration fee is $135 per delegate and this cost includes lunch and dinner Friday April 28th, and lunch Saturday April 29th. This fee is payable by cash or cheque to CFMS at the meeting or through our online payment system by clicking the "Pay with Card" below to pay your fee online. This fee DOES NOT include travel or hotel accommodations, students must arrange their own travel and accommodations (unless funded to attend the SGM through the CFMS). There will be both general and global health meetings on Friday and Saturday. Sunday April 30th will not include CFMS meetings, but does give delegates an opportunity to participate at the Canadian Conference on Medical Education (CCME), held concurrently in Winnipeg.
NOTE: All SGM 2017 attendees MUST register for CCME and will be required to pay an additional $50 student fee.
The CFMS General Assembly meetings will take place at the RBC Convention Centre, Winnipeg on Friday and Saturday. Meetings of the CFMS Presidents, Representatives, and Global Health Teams will also take place on Thursday evening
How can I register? (Deadline: April 5th, 2017. 11:59pm EST)
- Registration is OPEN.
- Please click here to register
Pay your fees online
By clicking this button you are agreeing to our payment policies.
Registration is only available to members. Please login to proceed.
Never been to a CFMS meeting? Interested in getting involved? Get your registration and travel costs covered by the CFMS by applying for Travel Funding! Each year the CFMS allocates funds to bring medical students to our annual meetings. It's a great way to learn more about what the CFMS does, get involved, and meet other medical students from across the country.
New from this year: Travel Awards will be distributed by region to ensure a more equal student representation across the country. There are 8 awards for each meeting, 2 for the Western region, 1 for the Atlantic region, 3 for the Quebec + Ontario regions, and 2 Wildcard awards.
Apply for Travel Funding
- Applications for Travel Funding are NOW CLOSED.
- PDFSGM 2017 Draft Agenda (Coming Soon)
- PDFSGM 2017 Global Health Program Draft Agenda (Coming Soon)
- PDFSGM 2017 Presidents' Roundtable Agenda (Coming Soon)
- PDFSGM 2017 CFMS Representatives Agenda (Coming Soon)
- PDFSGM 2017 Call for Nomination - CFMS President-Elect
- PDFSGM 2017 Call for Resolutions
- PDFAGM 2016 Minutes
Executive & Officer Reports (Coming Soon)
- PDFVice-President Education
- PDFVice-President Communications
- PDFVice-President Finance
- PDFVice-President Government Affairs
- PDFVice-President Student Affairs
- PDFVice-President Global Health & National Officers
- PDFWestern Regional Representatives
- PDFOntario Regional Representatives
- PDFQuebec Regional Representatives
- PDFAtlantic Regional Representatives
Interested in getting your voices heard at the CFMS SGM? Consider submitting a motion to be discussed at the SGM Resolutions Session! Click here for more information on how to submit your resolution and deadlines surrounding submission.
Find out more about CFMS position papers, including a list of previously passed papers, here.