Delta Hotels St. John’s Conference Centre, 120 New Gower St, St. John’s, NL A1C 6K4
September 20-22, 2019
- WHAT TO BRING
Dress Code: Business attire for meetings, fancy casual for social events.
Email [email protected]
What is the Annual General Meeting?
The Annual General Meeting (AGM) is an opportunity for Canadian medical students to get together and discuss important issues pertaining to medical education, advocacy, global health, wellness, and more. Join the conversation, get involved — we want to hear from you!
How can I register? (Deadline: 11:59 PM EST on Friday August 23, 2019)
- Register HERE.
- Please direct any registration inquiries to [email protected].
- Please note we do not accept American Express.
Pay your fees online
By clicking this button you are agreeing to our payment policies.
Registration is only available to members. Please login to proceed.
Never been to a CFMS meeting? Interested in getting involved? Get your registration and travel costs covered by the CFMS by applying for Travel Funding! Each year the CFMS and MD Financial Management allocates funds to bring medical students to our annual meetings. It's a great way to learn more about what the CFMS does, get involved, and meet other medical students from across the country.
Apply for Travel Funding
- Applications for Travel Funding are CLOSED
- Please login in order to access this discount.
Westjet, Porter Airlines, and Air Canada offer 10% off all fares for travel into and out of St. Johns, NL during AGM. To take advantage of this offer, you will need to use the following discount codes:
- Porter: Promo code "CFMS19" at www.flyporter.com, effective September 19-22, 2019.
- WestJet: Discount code "Q23LK29" (if Guest web/Travel Agent) or promo code "WOO01" (if Travel Agent GDS only) at www.westjet.com/conventions, effective September 19-22, 2019
- Air Canada: Promo code "HHGEU3W1", effective September 13-30, 2019.
City Wide Taxi is the recommended transportation to get from the airport to the Delta (flat rate of 25$). They are the exclusive provider of ground transportation services for the public at St. John’s International Airport. There is no need to reserve prior to arrival as there are taxis available 24/7 at the taxi stand.
Interested individuals must complete this online form by Thursday September 19, 2019 at 18h00 NDT if running for Director of Global Health and Friday September 20, 2019 at 19h00 NDT if running for a Regional Director position. Nominations will close strictly at this time. Click here for more information.
Call for Resolutions
Medical student societies and meeting delegates are invited to put forward resolutions for discussion and debate at the CFMS Annual General Meeting during the Members Resolutions Sessions on September 20 and 21, 2019. Resolutions should reflect an understanding of ongoing and past work, and resolutions must pertain to new work of the Federation. Members are encouraged to review resolutions submitted at previous meetings, available on the CFMS website here
Resolutions must be received by Dr. Franco Rizzuti, CFMS 2019 AGM Chair, by e-mail at [email protected] on or before Friday, September 6, 2019 at 20:30 NDT to be pre-circulated to AGM delegates via our website. Additional written resolutions may be tabled if emailed to the AGM Chair by Friday, September 20, 2019 at 1:00 pm NDT.
For more information on the Call for Resolutions, click here
PDFAGM 2019 Agenda - last revised September 4th 2019
Executive & Officer Reports
- PDFResolution: Motion to Adopt Policy Position "Five Years in the Era of the AFMC Student Portal: Canadian Medical Students' Experiences and Recommendations"
- PDFResolution: Motion to Adopt Policy Position "Increasing Physician Education about and Resources for Female Genital Mutilation/Cutting"
- PDFResolution: Motion to Adopt Policy Position “CFMS Task Force for Seniors’ Care, a Perspective onto the Canadian Medical Curricula"
- PDFResolution: Motion to Adopt the Policy Position "Opposing Practice Location Restrictions for Graduating Canadian Medical Students" - revised
- PDFResolution: Motion to Adopt the Policy Position "Opposing Practice Location Restrictions for Graduating Canadian Medical Students"
STRIVE Training Opportunity
We are offering STRIVE training (at no cost) on Sunday the 22nd from 12:30-3:15PM after AGM is finished. STRIVE is the new CFMS resiliency training program. Lunch will be provided.