Your National Officer of Partnerships is Ushma Purohit ([email protected]) from the University of Toronto. She Chairs the Partnerships Committee composed of the following members:
- Anne Xuan-Lan Nguyen, McGill University
- Diana Benea, McGill University
- Janice Mok, University of British Columbia
- Jessica Ho, Queen’s University
- Mimi Deng, uOttawa
Global health opportunities are available to all Canadian medical students through effective communication, collaboration, and coordination with relevant global health organizations. The National Officer of Partnerships, alongside the Partnerships Committee, aims to improve the accessibility of these global health opportunities for medical students through the effective establishment, development, and maintenance of partnerships.
At the 2019 Canadian Federation of Medical Students (CFMS) Annual General Meeting, delegates voted on the top priority for the 2019-2020 year for each of the CFMS portfolios. The top priority for Global Health was to expand on its partnership portfolio. Taking this into serious consideration, the Partnerships Committee has significantly expanded its scope and focused on establishing global health partnerships beyond our pre-existing one with the International Federation of Medical Students’ Associations.
CFMS Global Health Partners:
- International Federation of Medical Students’ Association
- Canadian Coalition for Global Health Research
- Stand Up for Indigenous Health & Stand Up for Health
- Doctors of the World/Médecins du Monde
- Amnesty International