About the CFMSThe CFMS is an organization representing over 8,000 medical students from 15 Canadian medical student societies from coast to coast. We represent medical students to the public, to the federal government, and to national and international medical organizations.
##CMA expands Ambassador Program for annual meeting
The Canadian Medical Association (CMA) is excited to announce an expansion of its Ambassador Program – to better engage and involve younger physicians. Working in collaboration with Provincial and Territorial Medical Associations (PTMAs) and other CMA partners, the program provides opportunities for members to become actively involved with the CMA beginning with the CMA’s annual General Council (GC) meeting in Halifax, NS. As a result, in 2015, this opportunity is only available to CMA members in the Atlantic provinces.
Following the success of last year’s Student Ambassador Pilot Program, the program is being expanded this year to include 10 medical students, 10 residents and 10 early career physicians (approximately less than 5 years in practice).
The program will help to build strong, enduring connections between the CMA and medical students, residents, and early career physicians to ensure we are meeting the needs of Canada’s new and future physicians.
Participants will have their travel and accommodations covered, and will be given unique opportunities to engage with the CMA and its leadership. Successful candidates will be expected to:
- At GC: Attend and actively participate in 4 volunteer days at the CMA’s Annual Meeting (held Aug. 23-26, 2015 in Halifax);
- At GC and Beyond: Connect and network with peers, colleagues and mentors on issues of importance to them and to the medical profession; and,
- Beyond GC: Share their experience as a champion, provide feedback and advocate for the CMA and the profession.
Ambassadors will be selected randomly from applicants who:
- Are a medical student, resident or early-career physician (approximately less than 5 years in practice;
- Are a resident of the Atlantic provinces;
- Are a member of the CMA;
- Are a member of an Atlantic provincial medical association; and
- Demonstrate how they can benefit from engaging with CMA as an ambassador at General Council.
Eligible applicants can apply by clicking on the following link: Entry Form.
Any CMA member is welcome to attend General Council as a member observer with no registration costs.