About the CFMSThe CFMS is an organization representing over 8,000 medical students from 15 Canadian medical student societies from coast to coast. We represent medical students to the public, to the federal government, and to national and international medical organizations.
Interested in professionalism in medicine? Looking for an engaging way to spend the summer? Consider the NEW CMA Medical Student Internship!
In addition to engaging with leaders at the CMA and learning more about the organization, the successful student will:
- Be assigned a major project, aligned with the CMA’s strategic priorities, for completion during the internship which could include such activities as:
- Conducting literature reviews on professional issues and summarizing key findings
- Writing summaries, articles, letters intended for internal and external audiences
- Developing issues and options paper for policy consideration
- Participate in and present at internal and external meetings
- Make formal presentations at the end of the term outlining a summary of their internship experience
- Help staff develop an educational curriculum to support Canadian physicians who elect to participate in assisted dying activities.
Must be currently a 1st or 2nd year medical student in Canada and a member in good standing of CFMS.
Please submit a résumé and a brief description (max 500 words) indicating why you are interested in this opportunity, and indicate your level of proficiency in French. Applications are to be submitted by May 15th, 2015.
Apply in confidence to: [email protected]
Learn more at www.cma.ca.