Call for Applications for CFMS Student Initiative Grants (2017-18 Cycle)
Deadline February 28th 2018
Applications must be emailed to [email protected].
CFMS Student Initiative Grants Program was established in 2007 to provide support and funding to medical student initiatives. The fund was established in response to the increasing number of medical student-run initiatives and the need for official and financial support from our national student organization.
For more information about the grants and how your application will be scored, please see the program guideline.
Many successful projects have benefitted from direct CFMS funding including charitable, educational, and social events all organized by medical students. The goal is to assist students in realizing events or initiatives that promote interactions between CFMS students and member schools.
Brief Project guidelines:
- Student Initiative Grant funding is intended to help local and provincial start-up projects with initial funding to contribute to their long-term sustainability.
- Projects will NOT be considered if they have been recipients of CFMS Student Initiative Grants in the last 5 years
- Projects will receive a maximum funding amount of $3000. Please do not increase your budget to ask for this maximum, as we wish to fund as many projects as possible, however for projects with a larger budget, please take note of this limit and look for funding from other sources such that you are able to complete your project with only partial funding from the CFMS.
- The Student Initiative Grants are NOT meant to fund academic research or travel funding to conferences for individual medical students
Projects that have received funding in the past are:
- Manitoba Perinatal Loss Education Project
- The Calgary Guide
- NOSM's HumerUS! Magazine
- Memorial University's Rural Medicine Interest Group
- Student Wellness Initiative Towards Community Health (SWITCH), a student-run clinic in Saskatoon, SK
- Dalhousie’s Student Led Clinic in Saint John, NB
The deadline to be considered for funding through the 2017-2018 CFMS Student Initiative Grants Program is February 28, 2018. Applications must be submitted to [email protected] You may also email [email protected] if you have any questions or concerns.