About the CFMSThe CFMS is an organization representing over 8,000 medical students from 14 Canadian medical student societies from coast to coast. We represent medical students to the public, to the federal government, and to national and international medical organizations.
The CFMS is looking for one student representative to be a part of the Joule Innovation Council. The student rep should have experience and interest in healthcare innovation and a strong and broad knowledge base on the topic.
Joule Innovation Council CFMS Student Representative (1 position)
The Joule Innovation Grant program provides CMA members with access to various grants in support of physician-led ventures. In addition to funding, Joule Innovation Grant recipients benefit from Joule Innovation Council (JIC) guidance and mentorship, access to potential investors, recognition as a leader in innovation, and marketing and public relations support.
The Grant recipients are selected by the Joule Innovation Council. The JIC is a physician member (incl. students/residents) and subject matter expert based group accountable to and responsible for advising the Joule CEO. The JIC will participate in an innovative program for Canadian physicians through which Joule will bring forward innovative health products and services.
Joule is looking for one student representative to be a part of the JIC. The student rep should have experience and interest in healthcare innovation and a strong and broad knowledge base on the topic. This experience could be through your own work in healthcare innovation, work experience at a start-up company or incubator or other related activities.
- This responsibilities associated with this position will mostly take place from July to October 2018.
- To review and assess innovation grant applications received from member physicians and select recommended grant recipients to the Joule CEO and Joule Board of Directors.
- Review and assess 90-second video application videos (potentially 150+)
- Review and assess all Finalists written PDF applications (approx.30)
- Provide insightful feedback on all physician-led innovation submissions for the purposes of helping physicians further their innovative idea and bring innovations in healthcare
- Provide mentorship to physician entrepreneurs as mutually agreed upon
- Act as an advocate of the Joule Innovation Grant program
- Attend JIC Grant Review & Recipient Selection in-person full day meeting to select 2018 recipients (Costs covered by Joule)
Questions in application:
- Why are you interested in joining the Joule Innovation Council?
- Do you have any experience within the field of healthcare innovation?
- What meaningful impact would you like a grant program to have on healthcare innovation?
A short-listed group of candidates will be provided to Joule who may choose to contact the applicant prior to appointing to the JIC.
Position Description: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aWtOAy9oiAAUXkD4Iamhrk4PMR1j4je0/view?usp=sharing
Application : https://goo.gl/forms/4o7XXRmN7UZdQBvG2
Deadline: February 15th, 2018, 23:59 EST
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Nomination Committee Chairs Maylynn Ding and Cory Lefebvre ([email protected])