About the CFMSThe CFMS is an organization representing over 8,000 medical students from 15 Canadian medical student societies from coast to coast. We represent medical students to the public, to the federal government, and to national and international medical organizations.
Once again this year, the CMA will be offering a first or second year CFMS student member the chance to complete an internship at their head office in Ottawa.
Students who participate in this summer intern program will acquire an understanding of the breadth of current issues facing the medical profession as well as hands-on experience in program and policy development. You have the opportunity to:
- Be mentored by physicians and others on staff at CMA
- Gain exposure to elected physician leaders
- Become familiar with the key current issues facing the profession
- Be assigned a major project, aligned with the CMA’s strategic priorities, for completion during the internship which could include such activities as: - Conducting literature reviews on professional issues and summarizing key - Writing summaries, articles, letters intended for internal and external audiences - Developing issues and options paper for policy consideration - Participate in and present at internal and external meetings - Make formal presentations at the end of the term outlining a summary of their internship experience
- Contribute to CMA Ethics’ work in two key areas: 1. All activities in end-of-life care and assisted dying. 2. Policy development and review of CMA’s privacy-related policies findings.
For more information, please see the attached document.