About the Global Health Program
The Global Health Program of the CFMS (CFMS-GHP) was developed over the last 12 years in response to a growing need for coordinated programming and collaboration focused specifically on global health. The program is based on the following principles:
Vision: Recognizing that its members, as future physicians, are uniquely and strategically placed to promote the values of health equity and social responsibility, the CFMS-GHP will strive to empower students with all the tools they may need to grow as global health leaders and global citizens.
Mission: In the spirit of responsible and sensitive global collaboration, we will facilitate ethical global health education, advocacy, action and experiences through coordinated national programming.
The GHP is composed of a diverse team of student leaders from across the country:
- VP-Global Health (VP-GH): Responsible for guiding and coordinating GHP activities. Also sits on the CFMS Executive Board.
- National Officers (NOs): Provide specific services and/or representation on behalf of Canadian medical students.
- National Exchange Officers Jr. and Sr. (NEOs)
- National Officer of Reproductive and Sexual Health (NORSH)
- National Officer of Partnership (NOP)
- National Officer of Human Rights and Peace (NORP)
- National Officer of Global Health Education (NOGHE)
- Global Health Liaisons (GHLs): 1-2 students at each member university who act as the official link between the GHP and students at their medical school.
- Global Health Advocates (GHAs): 1-2 students at each member university who carry out local and national advocacy initiatives around a chosen theme for the year.
- Local Exchange Officers (LEOs): 1-2 students at each member university who work specifically on coordinating CFMS international clinical and research exchange programs.